Saturday, December 5, 2009

Trying to Get Settled



I am drowning in boxes...
I am pretty sure I could tackle the cardboard mountains around me if I had more furniture, but we are trying to build our love nest carefully and deliberately. So, as far as furniture goes, we currently have a couch, two rugs, a bed, a nightstand, and a desk that has not yet been assembled. I really cannot complain because I am in love with all that we currently have, especially my nightstand! My mom and I went thrift store shopping recently, and I was riding high on a wave of thrifty success. I purchased the most beautiful nightstand I have ever seen. It' solid wood with a greeny/blue background and hand-painted, flowers, birds, and trees on four sides. (Two ladies stopped me on the way to the register to congratulate me on my find, and to express their jealousy. Truth.) The pièce de résistance being that it was only twenty dollars! Who priced it? Were they blind?  But, I shouldn't mock because I am entirely grateful. Thank you Thrift Center, you have improved my quality of life.

No comments: